Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday = lazy day!

For the first Saturday in quite a while, there was no 50at50 Project event today!  I was out of town a couple of weeks ago, but other than that it's been go, go, GO.  It's actually kind of nice having a down day with Camera Crew here.  While I am enjoying my mid-retirement being home, cooking, job hunting, etc. she has been out there winning bread.  It's nice having a day together to hang out.  She did, however, make me put on pants.

Tomorrow we are back at it - the Red Lizard Five Miler in Lake Oswego.  Hopefully the course is kind.  Not counting on it, though.

Camera Crew and I had a conundrum concerning next weekend, an issue we finally worked out.  You see, she travels to Chicago this week on business for a few days, then to soCA for the weekend to celebrate her Grandpa Howard's 102nd birthday.  Yep, one-zero-two - you read it right.  She'll get some good quality time with her Dad's side of the family and her folks are flying down from Juneau, so that time together is always special for the three of them.

However, it does put a damper on the ol' 50at50 Project.  While we have had, and will continue to have, double header weekends, it does induce a certain panic thinking that I'm missing two whole days on the event calendar.  Aaagh!  Yes, I could do events without Camera Crew but here's the thing:  she is completely and totally invested in this goal of mine to complete 50 events prior to January 21st next year.  It started as this crazy thing for me; she thought I was a little nuts (I am) but I had her full loving support.  But now it's morphed into 'our' goal which is very nice!  While Bex! isn't super competitive, the very idea of me doing races with her waiting at the finish line never crossed her mind. 

Remember when I said I could sucker people into joining me on this adventure - she is Patient Zero.

Back to the issue at hand:  There is a run near Salem next weekend called the Buck Mountain Mudslinger 6.5 Mile Trail Run.  http://www.runwildadventures.com/index.php?p=1_15_Buck-Mountain-Mudslinger  They promise plenty of mud, ankle deep puddles, possible snow and some serious butt-kicking climbs.  Go to the website and check out the elevation chart! 
We had it on our calendar but then she made her travel plans.  Now, I really wanted to do this event - it's exactly the type of challenge I love.  When I casually mentioned that perhaps maybe I could possibly do this event on my own, I was met with everything from pouty lip to foot down 'no way, you can't do an event without me'.  See - competitive.

You will be happy to know that we worked it out!  Next Saturday/Sunday will be the first ever split 50at50 Project event weekend!  On Saturday, I will get to run my crazy Buck Mountain Mudslinger mess; Sunday in sunny San Diego, Bex! convinced her family to run a scavenger hunt race! 

I'll shoot my own video and she'll get her event on tape, and it will all be available for your pleasure here!

So, you see sweetheart, after the weekend, we'll be even...
but for about 24 hours I will be one event ahead! 

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!  Take that!!

Oh yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Patient One: I asked about August, but am glad March event works out!

    ReplyDelete