Monday, March 25, 2013

A Weekend Off!!

No event this last weekend!  Our dear friends, Cuddlebuns and Lambchop, came south from Auburn, WA so that we could share in celebrating their one year anniversary!  I had the honor of performing their ceremony a year ago and it was great to spend time with them.  Plus, as their minister it's good to check in on occasion to make sure my record of 5-0 is still solid!  '10-0' if you count husbands and wives separately.

We were also celebrating my dear wife's birthday!  My beloved Camera Crew means the world to me and I love her dearly.  Except when she misses the shot when I'm narrating events.  Just kidding, sweetheart!!  Love you - you complete me.  You had me at 'Action!'

Spent Saturday down south in the valley doing some wine tasting.  We hit one of our faves, Winter's Hill, for their rose' release party.  Camera Crew and Lambchop are big fans and it's actually a really nice wine.  Camera Crew bought a case!  www.wintershillwine.com

From there we visited (um, er, uh...) Archery Summit www.archerysummit.com; Erath, one of our long time favorites www.erath.com; and I think that's it.  Maybe.

Anyhoo, back in the big city and after 'freshening up', we had a fantastic dinner at Wildwood www.wildwoodrestaurant.com  Our friend, Cana, is part owner there and took great care of us, the service was top notch and the food was incredible as always.  After dinner, we introduced our guests to the phenomenon that is Salt & Straw.  Late night artisan ice creams.  The line was just out the door but moved pretty quickly.  Still amazes me.  www.saltandstraw.com

We enjoyed a leisurely brunch Sunday morning at ________________________ - still no line, still great food, still the best kept brunch secret in town.

Next event is where it starts getting serious!  The Spring Classic Duathlon - 5k run/15 mile bike/5k run.  Event 11 coming up!

See ya!
 

1 comment:

  1. It was a fantastic weekend all around! The wine and food were almost as good as the company! I think this weekend should have been two events for you...Wine Tasting and Ice Cream Waiting. Super to see you both!

    ReplyDelete