Saturday, January 11, 2014

I've Neglected You - and I Am Sorry

Boy, a guy packs up his life, moves to a foreign country and lives where internet is sporadic, at best - and he just blows off all of his loyal followers.  What an ass.

Oh, wait - that was me.

In October 2013, six days after Event 49 in the 50@50 Project, Camera Crew and I put our stuff in storage and moved to Central America.  We had been planning this move for quite some time and that time had come.  So now, here it is - January 10th, 2014 and I am writing this in Costa Rica.  We spent two months in Nicaragua and are now in the San Jose area for a bit.

This project started just about a year ago, on January 20th, when we participated in Event 1 - XDog's White River Snowshoe 8k, a five miler on Mt. Hood.  It was the first event of what is to be 50 races in this year between my 50th and 51st birthdays.  The original plan was to make the last event the same as the first, to bring this crazy thing to a conclusion on snowshoes.  The 2014 race is this Sunday and I am a little saddened that we aren't there to participate.  

Okay - a lot saddened.  Plus, I miss Kevin.  And bacon.

But never fear!  My special day is coming up - 21 January - when I turn 51 years old.  And I am happy to report that we have registered for Event 50!  Yep, doing a race here in Costa Rica!  Now, it's nothing spectacular or amazing.  In other words, it's no XDog Event race.  We had hoped to find a stellar volcano run or some crazy night run, and we did find some races and results online from years past.  Unfortunately, none of those races are being held again, at least in the time frame we need to complete our objective in one years' time.

So we found this here race to do on the 19th.  We've been training and let me tell, the San Jose area is HILLY!  It's great for training but, man, gimme a flat stretch once in a while, will ya?!

So, there you have it - we're back!  I know, I still owe you a write up for Event 49.  We have some good video and pictures for that post.  Look for it in the next couple of days.  In the meantime, take some time and peruse the blog.  Get reacquainted with me and Camera Crew.  Relive the craziness of our four event weekend or Ole's Assault or the Dirty Duathlon or Ride-Row-Run.

Because you know you love us.

And because we've really missed you.  

Hugs and kisses - D 


1 comment:

  1. Hooray - been checking regularly for Event 49 - glad 50 is in sight!

    ReplyDelete